Monday, October 12, 2009

RA 9262 and other cases involving women: where to ask for help

For RA 9262 and other cases involving women, you can ask for help from the following:

Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Crisis Intervention Unit (CIU) Rehabilitation Unit Tel. No.: (02) 734-8635 NCR Ugnayang Pag-asa, Legarda, Manila Tel. Nos.: (02) 734-8617 to 18

Philippine National Police (PNP) Women and Children’s Concern Division (WCCD) Tel. No.: (02) 723-0401 loc. 3480 Call or text 117 (PATROL 117)

National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Violence Against Women and Children’s Desk (VAWCD) Tel. Nos.: (02) 523-8231 loc. 3403

DOJ Public Attorney’s Office Women's Desk
Tel. Nos.: (02) 929-9010; 929-9436 to 37

Philippine General Hospital (PGH) Women’s Desk Tel. Nos.: (02) 524-2990; 521-8450 loc. 3816

Women’s Crisis Center Women and Children Crisis Care & Protection Unit – East Avenue Medical Center (WCCCPU-EAMC) Tel. Nos.: (02) 926-7744; 922-5235


Anonymous said...

good day po. ask ko lang po sana yung side ko, related to the situation I am into right now.I have a child from a married man.and his wife discovered this, and said she will file a case against us, with proof of my child's birth cert and my child's medical record.ang tanong ko po, ay kung makukuha pa rin po ba ng wife nya yong lahat ng financial earnings na supposedly makukuha ng asawa nya if he retires kung sakaling matatanggal yong lalake sa work nya ngayon?

ito lang po muna ang tanong ko,at salamat po sa response na maibibigay nyo...asahan ko po ang inyong response...

Atty. Gerry T. Galacio said...

In terms of the financial support that the legal wife can get, please read my post “Financial support for abandoned woman and family” (please read also the comments and my replies to the comments).

The woman has to prove in court what the needs are and the man in turn can prove what his financial capability is. It is doubtful that the legal wife can get get ALL of the man’s earnings; the court will also protect his rights.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon po, i have a partner na married and they have a child. we are warned by her wife that she'll sue us and that maghintay na lang daw na may dadampot samin.currently they are not living together dahil na rin pinalayas sya nung wife nya kasi nga umamin ung partner ko na kami. atty. i would just like to know kasi pasok sa ra9262 ung pwedeng case ng wife nya against my partner(marital infidelity).meron ba kaming pwedeng laban or at least kahit man lang maibasura ung case against my partner? dapat ba may mga evidences pa sya? what should we do? hndi naman po pababayaan ng partner ko ung responsibilities nya as a father but hndi na rin maibabalik din talaga ung relationship nila as mag asawa. maayos naman po kaming nakikipag usap sa side nila.

hope u'll reply as soon as possible because we are being threatened by her wife asap na rin. sabi nung wife nya ipapakulong daw kami kung di daw kami maghihiwalay or bumalik lang daw ung partner ko sa kanya para di daw magulo ung buhay ko pero gagawin daw nyang miserable ung partner ko. please attorney.thank you and appreciate your reply the soonest possible time..maraming salamat po!

Atty. Gerry T. Galacio said...

I already answered your e-mail.

Anonymous said...

hi im aurea vicencio and im a 1st yr law student from Angeles University Foundation and i would reporting on violence against women

hopeu could help me with the statistics before and after the bill was enacted..

tnx (

Atty. Gerry T. Galacio said...


Please browse the websites of the DSWD and the NCRFW (National Commission of the Role of Filipino Women) for these statistics. You might also find the information you need from GABRIELA, non-governmental organizations like SALIGAN of Ateneo, etc.