Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Correction of birth certificates

Q: How can I have my birth certificate corrected?

A: For change of first name, and for correction of minor clerical errors, you can simply file an administrative petition with the Local Civil Registrar of your place of birth or residence, under Republic Act 9048, also called the "Guinigundo Law."

For substantial errors, however, like errors in birthdates, gender, etc. you will still have to file the proper petition with the Regional Trial Court of the place which issued your birth certificate.

No comments :